Mobile ID, the PKI-enabled mobile application developed by Nerd Group of Services, catches the pulse of the mobile revolution in the educational sector allowing Universities, Schools and educational institutions to implement and deploy PKIbased services on mobile devices. This innovative application can be used as is or can be individually customized to specific needs and offer electronic document management with digital signing and time stamping capabilities.
- PDF document signing and validation. Users can easily sign PDF documents to indicate their approval. Mobile ID also provides support for visible signatures and PAdES Long Term Validation Profile (LTV).
- E-mail signing and encryption. The creation of encrypted and signed e-mail while on the move is faster than ever. Mobile ID offers S/MIME services through an internal SMTP client coupled with support for multiple e-mail accounts.
- XML signing. Based on W3C’s Recommendation, Mobile ID enables XML document signing and validation paving the ground for services based on XML Transactions. Mobile ID provides support for enveloped signatures, detached signatures and enveloping signatures covering a wide range of schemes.
- CMIS Support. Users can use Mobile ID with any enterprise content management system that has CMIS support. Some supported clients are Alfresco, Liferay, Sharepoint and many more.
- Certificate keyring. Mobile ID comes with a built-in certificate management system allowing end-users to fetch and import digital certificates while being able to check the revocation status of any certificate through OCSP.
Mobile ID has some unique features designed for the Education sector.
- Digital submission of documents: Mobile ID enables the submission of digital documents allowing the validation of document contents and verification of the submission time.
- Students Records: Students records are protected by PKI technology. Mobile ID can authorize access and updates of the students records.
- Digital Identity: Mobile devices can be used to authorize access to the institutions facilities such as library, gym etc.
- Paper less environment: All institutions operations can be done electronically including application forms.